I told you my next post was going to be from Colorado! I arrived about 3 pm (I am now speaking in Mt. time) and immediately starting unpacking the car. I soon had everything inside, but didn't feel like unpacking and organizing right away. I tried to grab some wireless in my apt, but nothing worked so I headed to campus.
FYI: Iowa rest stops have free wireless. For 30 minutes, then charge a small fee.
Campus was packed with freshman, their parents, and DU's version of the Gustie Greeters. Wearing a Gustavus shirt, I did get an "Are you from MN" comment. The "greeter" was from Minnetonka and knew people who go to GAC.
The drive was mostly uneventful. I started out from Fullerton, Nebraska at 8 am. It was quite windy all throughout Nebraska and into Colorado. By chance I stopped at the first rest area in Colorado, which also serves as a Welcome Center. I can't tell you how happy I was to have stopped. They had brochures and maps of everything you could possibly do in CO, organized by regions! A geographer's dream. As a new resident, I stocked up on whatever sounded interesting. The other highlight of the drive was the moment I saw the mountains. They are just so impressive and different from what I am used to, that I smile each time I get a glimpse.
Milestone: The Honda Accord did hit and pass 200,000 miles while in Nebraska.
The apartment is in a great location. It is weird to have all that space for just me. Once I get more furniture in it, I will probably be content. The bathroom on the other hand. Its pink. Like a dusty rose pink. I will get used to it. Just surprised me, when I first saw it. I just can't wait for all my bookcases to come and to go mattress shopping in a couple weeks.
While purchasing milk and batteries (for the air mattress pump) I found a little restaurant on the other side of my block. Pioneers advertises tacos and margaritas. I'm guessing a successful combination ;)
It may be 9:20 pm here, but it feels like midnight to me. I am glad that I don't have to drive anywhere tomorrow!
Goodnight from Denver, Colorado!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The state bird of Colorado is the Lark Bunting. Let me know when you see one...they look like Red-winged Blackbirds with white wing patches instead of red. They live in grasslands.
Post a Comment